Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Keigan got his permit!!!!


Decemcer 21st at 9:02 in the morning Keigan was born. I remember well. I was up all night. He was such an adorable baby. I was a little scared. How will I know what to do?Will I make the right choices?
As each year has gone by....He has amazed me in so many areas. All in all he is a good kid. When he turned 16 he says to me, "Mom, When am I going to get my license?" I responded,"Never!!!" Ok I was kidding...Sorta. I bought this house so close to the school. Why can't he walk? We all need exercise. Right?
I really think me being hesitant to him getting his permit was realizing, I HAVE A KIDS WHO CAN DRIVE.
He took a driving class his weekend and got his permit yesterday. Frank had in drive in a BIG LOTS parking lot for 30 minutes(he only hit the curb 3 times) and he drove home!!!!!



This is where my mommy tip comes in.....
To my friends out there.....Time goes by quickly..Cherish every moment you have with your little ones. Most of my friends do not have any older children. I can see glimpses of my earlier years in their lives. The playdoh, little league, spelling tests, flying kites,learning to ride a bike, camping in the back yard,cucumber boats(???) did I ever do that? Oh wait that was not me LOL, finger painting,getting to stay up 30 minutes later on a Friday night,ice cream sundaes,tea parties,mud pies... I can go on and on. The point is, I have a kid that is 16!!!! I need to come to reality that he will be driving,getting a job, a girlfriend(not yet but please help me..),and the final doozie,he will be graduating. I know I am jumping the gun. But people it's only 2 years away. I'm wiping the tears from my eyes now. I am not going to pout,I am going to take my son driving today. I am scared. But like everything else I was scared about raising kids, I will deal with it. I will have fun!!!!!

4 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

Hey there! Glad I found you! I never want my kiddos to grow up! That big bad world scares me! A bit of advice, a strong seat belt & a good sedative! Good luck!

Amanda said...

Oh, what a sweet post! London's baby years seemed to go by quickly but Kirby's are going by at lightning speed. I can't keep up. I think about London going off it kindergarten in 2 yrs and I start to choke up. I don't even want to think about her at 16! *sob*

Widdison Warbler said...

Aaahhh, get over it babe! It happens to the best of us! Brooke's had her license for a year now and I LOVE sending her to the store, to pick up kids or getting me something from Sonic! The baby years are long gone and it is soooo sad, I totally agree. But we have to make the best of it. You still have 6 others! ha ha ha Just kidding, not to make light, but it's hard to let them grow up. Call me!

Julie said...

I know how you feel Jodi...all of my friends kids are a lot younger too. Did you ever read my very first blog? Actually, my 1st after I announced I would be blogging. You should...it'll make ya cry!! IT was about Josh and how fast he was out of the house. check it out...you'll know how I felt