Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day.....

We had a pretty good day over here. Mom , Corbin, Dylan, and Aaron came over for lunch. I made homemade burritos. Dylan and Aaron had 2 trapeze classes today so they were only able to stay til 1pm. We had a great visit even though it was cut short. Thanks guys for putting together the fish tank stand.

Frank and the kids all went to the pet store and bought me a fish tank with 9 tin foil barbs. To represent each member of our family. It was really nice of them. A little bit of work to get together, but a nice surprise.

I put a roast in the oven so we all enjoyed that for dinner. It was nice to have everyone over and not worry about the time. The kids went swimming,did homework, and slept. Even Corbin caught some zzzz's.

We ate a ton of food and had a great day. I also got 2 bunches of flowers and a fuchsia plant. I love them. In Washington, that was my favorite plant. I have not seen them forever!!!! I am hoping to keep it alive for awhile. Or until it starts getting too hot.

I hope all of you had a great Mother's day. I did. I got the cutest card from Kyler. Apparently the most favorite thing I make is Spanish rice. I got a recipe book from all the kindergartners. My favorite part is "when you pull it out of the oven... that is when it is done!!"

My kids made me wonderful cards this year. I got a foot rub from Bryce, and Hollister flip flops from Brie'el.

All in all, Being a mother is a fabulous and wonderful thing....

This is an adorable toy we bought Brenlie for the summer.....As you can see everyone likes it:)




I just love days like this.....







Brenlie has learned how to climb up this slide. As her favorite thing is to stand at the top. It is "down" I am worried about.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Happy Mothers Day! I'm glad you had a great day!!

Amanda said...

Happy Mother's Day (a little late). That last picture is just too adorable. What a smile! :)

The kids look like they are having a ball!

I seriously think I need to set aside an hour each day to keep up with all my bloggin friends. I have so much to read to catch up with everyone! :)

Widdison Warbler said...

Happy Mother's Day!