Friday, October 10, 2008

My kids thoughts on Santa Claus.....




I'll start with Kelsey. She writes down everything she wants on TV. Every year it is the same old thing. "Mom, I want that!" "Mom can we buy that?" "Mom Look I wanna buy that" I hear these things all day.

So I started having her write a "list" for Santa.I love the practice she is getting, but I have Santa letters all over the house. Yesterday I see one tucked in between the fish tanks. So, I throw it away. In little time..... I hear a screech.... Mom where is my letter!!!!!!!!!This is where my quick thinking or lack of parenting comes in. ( I lie) "Um.... The letter between the fish tanks?" Keep in mind I know which one she is talking about, I am unsure what I want to say so I am buying time. Then it hits me. " I sent it to Santa" At this point she looks at me and says "Really? When will it get there?" (smart fart) I then respond "soon"

She is fine with it and I am now off the hook for throwing away his letter. One problem.... Now that she thinks he is getting them in the mail, she is handing me a letter all the time. In an envelope of course!!!


Story #2

Kyler out of the blue says "I want a RED PSP for Christmas. I am confused. I remind him he already has a PSP. He tells me it is black and he wants a red one instead. "Kyler I am not going to buy you another PSP. The color should not matter" I am not telling him what he wants to hear. He is now frustrated. "Fine he says. I will not ask you for a PSP. I will ask Santa!!!"

"Cuz if you ask Santa... Its FREE."

Then he looks at me and stares me right into the eyes and says "Right?"

No comments: