Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kyler lost his first tooth today.....

Kyler's bottom tooth has been loose for about a week or two. There was a tooth growing in behind it. I told him that was not good so he needed to start wiggling his tooth. It was odd. The new tooth was growing in, but the old one really was not ready to come out.....

That is until Kyler got a hold of it. Pulling his tooth became Kyler's mission. His goal was to get it loose enough to put a string around it and slam the door. Where does one get these ideas. I asked him "Do you really want to slam the door on your tooth?"

So I am in the car picking up kids at soccer. Kyler needs a tissue. Blood is all over his finger. I hear him say," I really pulled hard that time!!!" Then he says, "MOM!!! You need to Yank the guts of it!!" At this point I have to park and get a tissue. After assessing the situation I realize he is right. The tooth is ready to be pulled. I like pulling teeth.(not sure why) I have never pulled a tooth before it is ready or with a string. Tissue is my friend. You get better grip with tissue in hand. Gave that baby a little pull....

Now Kyler looks like this.....



Kyler is so proud of his lost tooth. I think somehow he knows he is growing up just like the rest of the kids. They don't stay young forever.




This picture is weird. I wanted a picture of his tooth, but it was so small you could not see it. The flash was washing out the tooth. So I put my finger over the flash. This is what it did. I guess I really do have red blood!!!



1 comment:

Laurel said...

Congrats to Kyler! That's a day that Logan is dying to experience, so much so that she has been banging and tugging at one of her front teeth. Now she tells me it hurts. Well, duh!