Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Grandpa Ron!!!

First of all I forgot my camera!!!!!!

We had a great day at Grandpa's house...
Here is another blurb from the car ride....

Kelsey: Are we almost there yet?

Me: I will tell you when we are close

Kelsey: Is it 5 minutes?

Me: Sure 5 sounds good

Kelsey: Are we going to the white hair Grandpa? Cuz he lives in the desert!

Or the mustache Grandpa? Is he in the desert?

Me: Kelsey we are all in the desert. And the mustache one. Wait!!! I mean Grandpa Ron!!!

Kelsey:Our neighborhood is not a desert!!!

Me: Arizona is a desert!!!!

Kelsey: So when are we going to get there?

Will 5 minutes work again?

We had a blast. I made the best cake. It was a white cake with blueberries pureed instead of water. I topped it with cool whip/marsh mellow whipped together and then put blueberries,strawberries, and raspberries all over it!!!!

Can you say yum!!!!!

The kids swam all day. My Dad has over an acre so the back is huge. They can play soccer and swim to their hearts content. (A little yard envy)

I still wish I did not forget the camera!!!

I hope my Dad had a great birthday. I am so happy we live in the same state. Growing up we did not. Even as a young adult we did not. It wasn't until I moved to Arizona that I realized what I had been missing.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday to Mustache Grandpa. Glad you had a great day in the desert!