Monday, December 8, 2008

TA DA!!!

I love the holidays. But it also brings on "a little stress". I always feel like everything has to be perfect. I want the house decorated inside and out. I have to buy and wrap presents for my family of 9!!! Then we have friends and family.I like Christmas pictures and a family letter. I want them mailed before Christmas. We have holiday parties for friends and family. Then we have soccer parties. Let's not forget band concerts for elementary, junior high, and high school levels. Every year at this time we also have a saxophone recital as well. Am I forgetting anything? Probably!!!! Like high school soccer,club soccer, and tournament soccer for Bryce.

I'm thinking a great amount of this can be eliminated. But every year it is the same grind. But I think I like it. About this time of year (Before New Years) I reflect my year and wonder what my family is about. And I know!!! Lots of things. I enjoy what my kids do and I Like things just right!!




We have 3 trees this year. Our main tree has 20 years of collected ornaments. I would love to do a themed tree. You know the kind...Red and gold balls only. White lights, and matching wrapping paper. OK I am just kidding!!!I am years away from that stuff. I am pretty sure the princess wrapping paper will be around for awhile!!!



This is decorated with Sponge bob ornaments!!!



I am not sure how many boxes of decorations I have but I must say Chritmastime is the best!!!



This silver tree is so funny. Frank brought it home last year . He bought it on clearance. It reminded him of his Grandma. I thought it was hideous. But... I let it go. Then I cam back from Vegas and it was put up in my family room. Witha few ornaments I'm thinking it is growing on me. What do you think?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can completely relate. I am the mother of 9, with 7 children still home. I have always tried to decorate upstairs and downstairs multiple trees, lights, the works. i have put more pressure on myself over the years. I have 3 children with birthdays between thanksgiving and christmas. I usually do tons of baking. I am trying to reign in my need for "perfection" and just enjoy the many events with my family this year. We have so many church, 4-H, winter recital and birthday parties, I am going to take a deep breathe and exhale.

Julie said...

That silver tree is freakin hilarious...totally something my hubby would do too. It would grow on me too. Miss ya...call me!!