Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OOPs...I need to pay attention!!!!!



Since school has started I get the call. I can time it. About 2:35.....Mom, Can you pick me up....it's so hot!!!!

I pick them up because in this heat, I don't want to walk down the street to get the mail. Let alone walk home from the high school. I hate getting hot and sweaty. They do too.

So of course I rally my kids and pick them up. It is a busy time of day to be in the car. I hate the traffic at that time. Both the junior high and high school get out at 2:30 ish. This time I pick them up at the band room instead of in front of the church. I am faced the wrong way. I know this. It is almost 3 now so I decide I do not need to turn around and go out the same way I came. So I drive towards the junior high. I cut thru the back side and out the front. So I get by the soccer fields and I see a LINE of buses!!!!Of course I wait....and wait.Then I see an opening.....

I go for it!!! At this point another line of buses are coming. I know I should not be there. Then I see a teacher. I can read her mind. Her arms are folded and her face is hard. I know I am in the wrong. I want to be some where else. I will never do it again!!! She is still staring.... I need to get out of there. So I go in the out, up the wrong side of the school, and slowly out of the parking lot.

I should of turned around at the band room. Both my kids with permits were in the car with me. So was this a good example for them? Probably not. But we did talk about what I should of done and how to handle things when you are already committed...

O

1 comment:

Pam said...

Now that is funny. Wish I could have watched that one.