Monday, August 18, 2008

Can we keep it?

How many times have I hear this already?.....

Kilean went to the park with the kids. She came back with this.....



Doesn't it look like a baby chick?




I will eat food and spit it out...The bird will eat it right?




The funny thing is they were SERIOUS!!!!! So my kids want this little baby bird. I am a firm no. It will die without the proper care. So in my spare time(LOL) I look online for a phone number for "animal rescue". This bird is real young so it needed help quick. After being on the phone for awhile I learned it was a baby quail.

I found a woman in Apache Junction who would take it. So we jumped in the car and we drove it there. This woman was wonderful. She took this baby bird out of the box and promised she would keep it safe. She would introduce it to the other quail she had and eventually put it in her aviary. When it is old enough she will let the whole group go. My kids were sad to see their little friend go, but glad it would be safe!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How wonderful that your kids helped to save the life of one of God's helpless creatures. I hope they are proud of themselves!

Good for you for working so hard to find it a safe place. Not many moms would go that far! :)

Ruth said...

My kids founfd squirril at the park today...maybe you need to send your kids over to find that too! lol!!

Brooke Akins said...

hahaha

your kids always find little animals running around its so cute

good job not letting it die

Pam said...

You went the extra mile to save that bird. You are a nicer mom than I am!