Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Special thank you....

I have lived in this neighborhood for a year and a half now. It has taken me awhile to feel like this is home. When you leave a place you lived for more than 10 years you leave a lot behind. Familiar faces at my kids school,my bank,grocery stores,little league,scout programs..... you get the point. With 7 kids I knew a lot of people. I felt very grounded. Even though we did not moved very far, I felt a little lost. Everything was new to me. Now first of all there is a lot of people to thank.......I don't want to mention them all cuz I don't want to get in trouble of missing one. This neighboorhood has done a good job of extending themselves.

Tonight was a lot of fun. Thomas Wicke invited my whole family (of 9 mind you!!!) for dinner. Frank and I had so much fun.When I got home Frank said, "You know, the feeling of having friends and a sense of neighborhood, adds value to your life."

Now not many of you know Frank. He works a lot and when he gets home,after a long 10+ hour day,he is tired. When we have time off, it is usually spent catching up with lifes details. Tonight was fun. Thanks for the good food and all the laughter!!!!
Oh by the way.....Thomas can grill!!!!! They both are awesome cooks. Thanks Again:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel so lucky to have the Wickes as friends also. I'm glad you guys moved here too.

Laurel said...

Wow! Thank you! We had such a great time, and I loved meeting your older kids. They are awesome. That's a compliment to your good parenting. I so enjoyed meeting Frank, and we really mean it when we say we want to get together again soon!