Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The SHADY DELL Part 3

Frank found the Shady Dell on TV. It was listed on the travel channel as one of the most unique places to stay. Shady Dell offers a unique lodging experience. You can spend the night in a beautifully restored 1950's travel trailer or a 1947 Chris Craft Yacht. Top it off with breakfast in an origional 1957 diner!!!!






Frank read this and was SUPER EXCITED!!!!!








This was the TIKKI bus. I have to give them credit for making a bus into a neat place to sleep.








We rented 3 rv's. Frank and I in one and then one each for the boys and girls. The kids really did not know what to say. Luckily the toilets did flush and there was running water!!!






Each RV had great decorations. They had old calendars, books, records, and yearbooks in everyone. They used old dishes and cookie jars. Really brought you back to the 5o's.... If you were alive then!!!! (I was NOT) hee hee







I enjoyed going into each room and looking around. A lot of this stuff was either in my house growing up or was at Grandmas. Reminds me of the holidays or camping as a kid with the Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles!!!















Now as you look around they did have a TV. It was black and white.They did have dvd players hooked to them. Also provided a stack of old movies to watch. No video games, cable, or computers to be seen. Where is the pool? Room service? Well shucks!!!! What are we going to do?



I guess play with each other!!!!







This phone booth did not work, but it was all genuine. A blast from the past!!!




This old gas station was really neat...





Last but not least... the Diner!!!! Frank and I got up early and ate there the next day. Frank had blueberry hotcakes and I had eggs and hashbrowns and hotcakes. ( I shared with Kelsey and Brenlie) The food was great and the service was wonderful!!! This was definately different. I will never forget this experience. I am pretty sure the kids will not either!!!!

No comments: