Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our 24 Hour Trip!!! Kartchner Caverns Part 1

We decided to get away for a short bit and go to Kartchner caverns. So we got in 2 cars...(remember there is 9 of us) and off we went.....



First stop McDonald's for a drink and something small to eat!!! OH and we found a dinosaur!!!



I would advise anyone to go to these caves. If you enjoy spelunking.. It was really a lot of fun. We really lucked out. The weather was fabulous. We had rain the night before and for whatever reason I think it was 80 that day!!!




I took any and all opportunities to take family pictures.It was so pretty there!!!



They had an area where you could see what it was like if you had to climb in and out of these caves. Th kids enjoyed playing around.







They were VERY careful in the caves. You could not touch a thing. If you did they would RED TAG and area. Then fill out a report. With 7 kids only 1 red tag!!! Pretty darn good I say!!!






I would go back. They had one cave closed. The bats were having babies so it was closed to the public until October 15th. Again they were very careful to preserve and not bother anything!!!








It was a great tour. I was unable to take any pictures inside. They would not allow cameras. BUMMER!!! So I can not post any from inside!!!!





This is proof the desert CAN be a beautiful place.......

















No comments: