Monday, November 3, 2008

Our St. Louis Stories....

I don't know where to begin. I must start with we did have fun. The girls did also. But, Their soccer was not good. A far way to travel to get our butts whooped. So the theme of this entry is going to be the weather and the scenery!!! I could not get enough of the beautiful 70 degree days and the change of color!!!



It was fun to watch them play in a corn field rather than the desert. I could not keep my eyes off the beautiful fall presence...




The great part in loosing was we had plenty of time on Sunday to check out the sight!!!The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial was top on out list. This was so fun to go up in.



The muddy Mississippi River. We had a great time walking long this river looking around.. Across the river was Illinois where we played our tournament.





The leaves.... Do you see what I am talking about?



The Team



Brie'el and I. I know you all love my braid. One of the moms and I had a bonding moment and she braided my hair.



I love this Arch picture!!!



Did I mention we were team bonding? This is another team picture.




See at the very top of this arch? That is where we ended up. You sit in this pod. It seats 5. They shut the door and it takes you to the top. You get out and there are little windows that you can look out!! The view was spectacular.



The Mississippi River again.







This picture I am getting creative. Can you now guess that I love taking pictures and would love to take a photography class?



Are you tired of leaves yet.... I am not:)



LOVE



We still had another hour to kill so we went to the St. Louis Train Station. We bought fudge and shopped a little. Yes cuz with 14 girls we needed to shop just a little!!!



I have no idea what this building is. But it was beautiful. So as I was driving I whipped out my camera and took a shot. I miss anything looking historical. In this beautiful town we live in I miss history. Kelsey says it best...She says..."You know where we live Mom?" "In the middle of nowhere!!" I think she may be right.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

The leaves are gorgeous! Looks like a fun trip!

Laurel said...

what a fun trip. Sorry about the soccor, though. Let's catch up soon.

Widdison Warbler said...

Wow, the scenery is so beautiful! Glad you had fun!