Sunday, November 9, 2008

Marching Band




Keigan is on marching band. He is not into sports. Although he played baseball for about 10 years. He just got too old to play and had no desire to play in high school. But he really enjoys band. He spends a lot of time practicing. If you live in my neighborhood, you might hear them every morning bright and early.

Their band is small, but they are a proud bunch. Saturday I went to Mesa High School and watched our band perform. This band kicks some booty. They scored "Superior" Keigan was happy with that.

I brought Kelsey and she had a good time watching the bands play. She took a special interest in the color guard and the xylophone. She wanted to know why no one was wearing pink!!! Can you imagine a pink school uniform? Clearly she is 4!!!









I always tell my kids, try to find a passion. For Keigan it is marching band. This is a great group of kids. I like that he is busy and out of trouble. I like that he is making friends and having fun.






Bottom line.... I was proud of Keigan today.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Oh, I hear them every weekday morning. I call them my fallback alarm clock. Good thing I find it an enjoyable, happy noise!

And I think I'm going to steal that line and tell it to my children: "Find a passion." Great, great advice!