Friday, January 8, 2010

Brenlie has a ouchie!!!


Brenlie is a challenge. We love her. She is afraid of absolutely NOTHING!!! But today she got hurt doing something ever so simple.... I was in the family room. She was watching TV. She was rolling around on the floor. I thought she hit her head on the couch. I told her it was going to be OK and rubbed her head. She informs me it is her arm. At this point I am wondering how she could of hurt her arm on the floor. I tell her to settle down.
After awhile I get annoyed of her whining. She has not fallen. Why all the noise? I tell her it better be good for all the whining I am hearing. (right then I knew I had said the wrong thing)
At that point I "knew" something was not right. I made an appointment with our doctor and we decided it was a buckle fracture. You do not cast this. I got a slip for an xray and left with a splint. It made all the difference in the world. I am hoping this will slow her down... Not sure if it will....
Crazy kid!!! So be careful out there, you can hurt yourself rolling around on the floor!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Poor kid! She is sooo cute and so grown up from the last time I saw her. My two year old niece spiral fractured her femur from falling off their couch a while back.