Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Good Friend Terry Wood

More years ago than I can remember I met a FANTASTIC lady Terry Wood. She was kind, special, giving, helpful,nice, and the most generous woman I have met. Brie'el and Kilean played soccer with her girls. Terry was the first person who said... Your girls need to play tournament soccer. I was pregnant with Kyler. I told her with a baby coming in 1 1/2 months it was impossible. She told me it was not. And she would help. She did. My girls played tournament soccer for 4 years. Terry was a volunteer for AYSO region 503 soccer. Terry brought hot chocolate on cold days, made sure everyone knew what field to be on, what hotel to stay in ,and made sure we all got fed.

She was an amazing woman.

My girls love of soccer stems from Terry Wood.

Terry volunteered every week at her 2 daughters school. Terry did it all. She has raised 2 of the best girls I have met. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Kacey and Megan Wood are 2 great girls...... they lost their mother on Monday.

Terry and I have been friends for years. We did't see each other much since I moved and no longer play soccer for Region 503. Our girls still talk but they are all so busy, we get caught up in our own lives.

Terry was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on Aug.21, 2009. She died December 7, 2009. She was 53 years old. I went to my first Catholic mass today. Very beautiful. I will miss my friend. I have met many people in my life.....but not too many with hearts like hers.

Looking back on Terry's life, I am going to try to be more like her. I hope that her legacy will live on through her children and close friends.

I will cherish the time I knew Terry.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend! I will let you know the next time I hear about a free day at the science center, etc. That would be fun to go w/ you guys sometime. The musical of Little House on the Prairie was great - not as good as Wicked, but I really enjoyed it.